I don’t know about you, but I love a good, creamy rice pudding. And with me being low-carb and no grain, I haven’t had it for a long time! But last night I decided that needed to change. I adapted nearly every ingredient from a regular rice pudding recipe to make it low-carb, no sugar, dairy free, gluten and grain free, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 bag of Miracle Rice (low carb “rice” made of Shirataki, which comes from the root of a plant called the Konjac plant)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 packets of stevia (I use this brand, different brands may vary in sweetness, so taste as you go)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 egg, beaten (if you can’t do eggs, check out how to make a flax “egg”)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste
What to do
Follow Miracle Rice package for instructions on how to prepare the rice. It’s really easy–just wash the rice off, boil in water for 2 minutes, then heat on stove to get excess water off.
In a saucepan, combine the miracle rice, unsweetened coconut milk, stevia, salt, and chia seeds for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add in beaten egg, and coconut oil and cook for a few more minutes. Stir constantly once egg is in.
Remove from heat and add in vanilla extract and top with cinnamon.
Eat warm, or cool in fridge for a few hours and eat it cold. It’s creamy, gooey, and ooh so delicious!
Try it out and let me know what you think!
**For those who can eat raisins, I’m sure they would taste fantastic in it**